Stormwater Purification Filter
The BayFilter™ system treats stormwater using modular cartridges that are stored in vaults. A spiral coiled media makes up the cartridge with over 43 square feet of active filtration surface that uses a unique sand mix. During a storm, water will enter the vault through the inlet conduit and fill the structure that houses the filters. When the water surface elevation hits the operation level, water is forced through the cartridges by a hydrostatic head, filtered, and exits the system through the center drain tube into the drainage manifold.
Benefits of BayFilter™
- Custom-made to meet the needs of specific projects.
- Cartridges are recyclable.
- Reduced life cycle cost.
- Low maintenance costs.
- Prevents the system from becoming toxic during dry periods.
- Excellent abrasion and corrosion resistance.
Features of BayFilter™
- The most efficient filtration improves pollution prevention.
- More than 80% of Total Suspended Solids (TSS) and 65% of turbidity are removed by the device.
- Available in different configurations (manhole filter, precast vault filter, and cast-in-place vault filter).
- With enhanced media, it is possible to remove 65% of the overall phosphorous load.
- The filters include an optional drain-down cartridge function, which reduces stand water even after the siphon has broken and the cartridges are not engaged.