Concrete Canvas® (CC)
Erosion Control Consultation
Geosynthetic Cementitious Composite Mats
Concrete on a Roll!
Titan is proud to partner with Concrete Canvas® Ltd to offer Concrete Canvas®. This revolutionary product is part of a new class of construction material known as a Geosynthetic Cementitious Composite Mat (GCCM). A GCCM is a factory-assembled geosynthetic composite consisting of a cementitious layer contained within one or multiple layers of geosynthetic materials. The cementitious portion of the GCCM becomes hardened when properly hydrated to be used for erosion control and weed suppression.
Concrete Canvas® (GCCM) is a flexible, concrete-filled impregnated fabric that hardens on hydration to form a thin, durable, waterproof, and fire resistant. Essentially, it’s concrete on a roll and allows concrete construction without the need for plant or mixing equipment: just add water. The product is typically used to replace conventional concrete (in-situ, precast, or sprayed) for erosion control, remediation, and construction applications.
Recently reformulated, Concrete Canvas® comes in three thicknesses: 5, 7, and 11mm now referred to as CCT1™, CCT2™, and CCT3™ respectively. The new T- series replaces the original CC5™, CC8™, and CC13™. This latest innovation reformulation delivers an even superior Concrete Canvas® product in the following key areas:
- LOWER CARBON: The new T-series has 33% less embodied carbon than standard CC, providing more than 60% savings when used to replace conventional poured concrete for erosion control applications*.
- HIGHER PERFORMANCE: The new T-series has 25% higher abrasion resistance providing longer-lasting protection in erosion control applications.
- ALIGNS WITH ASTM D8364 (Standard Specification for GCCM Materials): CC products are the first GCCMs to meet the International Specification Standard for GCCMs, ASTM D8364. The new T-series product range (CCT1™, CCT2™ & CCT3™) is engineered to align with the ASTM classification levels (Type I, II & III) to make specifying the right product even easier. Using the ASTM Specification Standard helps protect you as a specifier or customer ensuring you get the right product for the right application.
Concrete Canvas® is used across a range of sectors including mining, oil & gas, agriculture, and civil construction for a variety of applications. It comes in three formats, man-portable Batched Rolls, Bulk Rolls, and Wide Rolls.
Use the information below to determine which format specification and thickness to use for your application.
Benefits of CC®
- Rapid Install – CC can be laid at a rate of 200m2/hour, up to 10 times faster than conventional concrete solutions.
- Easy to Use – CC is available in man portable batch rolls for applications with limited access. The concrete is pre-mixed so there is no need for mixing, measuring or compacting.
- Lower Project Costs – quick and easy to install, Concrete Canvas® is more cost-effective than conventional concrete, with less logistical complexity.
- Eco-friendly – CC is a low mass, low carbon technology which uses up to 95% less material than conventional concrete for many applications.
- Durability – CC offers up to 120 years of performance life. Click here for durability certificate.
Features of CC®
- Water Proof – The PVC backing on one surface of the CC ensures that the material has excellent impermeability.
- Strong – CC has a 24-hour compressive strength of 50MPa. The fibre reinforcement prevents cracking, absorbs energy from impacts and provides a stable failure mode.
- Durable – CC is twice as abrasion resistant as standard OPC concrete, has excellent chemical resistance, good weathering performance and will not degrade in UV.
- Flexible – CC has good drape characteristics and will closely follow the ground profile and fit around existing infrastructure. Unset CC can be cut or tailored using basic hand tools.
- Fire & Chemical Resistant – CC has excellent high temperature performance and has been tested for reaction to fire. It is also more resistant to aggressive compounds than standard OPC concrete.
Concrete Canvas® is used across a range of sectors including mining, oil & gas, agriculture and civil construction for a variety of applications.
- Channel/Ditch Lining
- Slope Protection and stabilization
- Bund Lining
- Concrete Remediation
- Weed Suppression
- Culvert Lining
- Outfall/Spillway Protection
- Gabion Protection
- Mining Vent Walls
- Pipe Protection
- Minor works.
- Restricted site access.
- Unavailability of plant.
- Stocking for reactive work.
- Man portable.
- Major works.
- Material efficient (zero waste).
- Cost efficient.
- Transport efficient.
- Staggered production and delivery for specific projects.
- Major works.
- Straight uniform channels of constant profile.
- Increased installation rates.
- Reduced jointing.
- Reduced ancillary requirement.